1. What was the purpose of performing the splint test-To see if oxygen was present in the test tubes
2. How did you know which substances had active catalase present-There would be bubbles and flame
3. What effect did cooking of the potato and liver have on the results of this test-It cause there to be no bubbles or flame present in the test tube
4. What implications can be made to the real world from this experiment?-Then the bubbles in your body would expand.
5. Have you ever used hydrogen peroxide on a cut/scrape/wound? It is used as an antiseptic (It would foam as it encounters the wound area). Based on the experiment you just tested, what do you think is happening when hydrogen peroxide bubbles on contact with cuts and wounds?-I personally ave not but i bet the the cut or wound would foam. 6. What did you observe in the fruit juice test tube? Explain what may have caused these results.-There were no bubbles or fire probably because there is not very much water in fruit juice.
8. What is yeast? Why did your yeast tube get the reaction that it did if yeast is not part of a liver cell?-east is a part of bread that uses oxygen.It got the reaction it did because of the water and oxygen used to make bread
9. Design an experiment you could do on your own that would test for the presence of lactase in food. Lactase is the enzyme that breaks down lactose (in milk).-You would use 3 vials of different vials.In one there would be normal milk,in another there would be skin milk, and in the last there would be chocolate milk.you would poor 5ml in to each and you would measure the reaction.